We use titles for small headings. It's easy to quickly insert a small sentence or word and adjust it's styling. When you want to insert a larger text, please select and drag the richtext block to your layout instead.
It’s easy to place a video on your workspace. Select the video block from the menu if you want to stream a video from Youtube, Vimeo or any other source. Just paste the URL into the 'link' field of the 'video settings' tab. You can also upload a video to our Maglr server by using the filemanager. Upload the video (no larger then 10Mb) in MP4 format.
Maglr will automatically create a thumbnail for your video. For Vimeo & Youtube video's we place the thumbnail that was created by these servers. If you would like to change this thumnail you can upload a new image manually, or adjust this on the Youtube / Vimeo website. When this is done refresh the video URL in the settings tab to download the new updated thumbnail image.
Other settings you can also control:
- Loop the video
- Hide the controls
- Mute sound
- Cover the video (blow up video inside space to prevent the black bars)
In case of Vimeo you need to use an account to hide or change the controls or loop the video. Videos can be placed like fullscreen backgrounds. In the position tab set a video to fullscreen instead of “manually scaled”.
Images are probably the most used object for creating a publication. There are different ways to get them on your canvas. You can directly drag images on to your canvas and it will upload and place it instantly. You can also drag an image from the file browser menu on the right and choose an image in the objects settings panel. If it’s not already uploaded you can upload it by dragging it into the media manager or clicking with right button no the folder and choosing upload. It is even possible to create a screenshot an paste this directly onto your canvas.
There are four ways to position an image within its container.
- Contain will make sure the total image is always visible but will result in empty space when the container ratio is different.
- Cover will make sure the entire area will be covered, some parts of the image will be cut off to make it fit the container.
- Stretch will stretch the image to the width and height of the container but most images don't look very nice when stretching them so only use this if you know what you're doing.
- Original will show the image in it's original size inside the container. Resize the container and choose an alignment to create the layout you need.
- Manual will make it possible to zoom and position the image as you like you inside the container.
Images can be placed to function like fullscreen backgrounds. In the position tab set an image to fullscreen and go back to the first tab to choose its alignment or way of stretching.
We support the most used file types: jpg, gif, png, svg. For simple vector graphics we recommend SVG files.
Every page can have background music that can be selected from the object panel when clicking on your workspace background. You can also add an audio player by dragging it into the canvas from the objects menu on the left. You can upload and choose an audio file (.mp3) and edit the start and stop button for the player.
A great way to show a series of pictures without losing too much canvas space is a slideshow. You can upload and select multiple images. It works best if all images are the same size. There are some settings to change the style of the slideshow. You can toggle the arrows and dots. Choose different transitions and choose to play the slideshow automatically. You can also control the slideshow with every element on your canvas by linking to the element. Check out the Links article.
- Select a folder from the select box. The best option for embeds consisting of multiple files and/or big files. The files must be uploaded trough FTP and you can select them from the select box. Contact us if you want to use this option so you we can create an ftp account for you.
- Enter an external page. If you have your files hosted somewhere else you can use this option. Make sure the files are on an https:// url.