Probably the most used link option in Maglr. Publications become interactive by linking to other layers/elements or groups.
When you select an object and open the link panel there are a lot of options. You can link to external sites or other pages. To make your publication interactive it’s nice to open parts of the page with a button. Choose Open Group/Layer. Just click the round circles next to the layers you want to make visible/invisible. In most cases using a group for a popup is the easiest way to interact with multiple elements. It also keeps your “popups” better organized. If you decide to create a big popup, you can also put a close button in there that closes the popup in exactly the same way. Make it link to the group that it’s in.
All link targets are Group/Layer, Scroll to Element, Scene, Page, Social, Element Action, External URL, Reference, Interface Option, File. Most of these options don’t need an explanation but here is a short summary of all of them.
- Group/Layer: Links to multiple layers or group, making them visible/invisible.
- Scroll to Element: Links to another element, when clicked, will then scroll the publication down to the targeted element.
- Scene: Links to a created scene, transitions the publication to the linked scene.
- Page: Links to a created page, transitions to the linked page.
- Social: Links to a Social Media platform, opens a new tab allowing the user to share the publication on that selected platform.
- Element action: Control an element. This way, you can make custom buttons to control a slideshow or video/audio player. To do this, click an element. In the link menu on the right side, you can choose "element". In the select boxes that show up, you can choose the element that you want to control and what the button needs to do. This way you can create custom slideshow buttons or video buttons.
- External URL: Link to other sites and just paste the right URL beginning with HTTP://
- Reference: Links to the reference tag if you have added one when creating a page.
- Interface option: Links to some of the functions outside the magazine but inside the interface surrounding the publication.
- File: Link to a file. You can upload and choose a pdf or other type of file.