Images are probably the most used object for creating a publication. There are different ways to get them on your canvas. You can directly drag images on to your canvas and it will upload and place it instantly. You can also drag an image from the files tab on the right or choose an image in the objects tab. If it’s not already uploaded you can upload it by dragging it into the media library. It's even possible to create a screenshot and paste this directly onto your canvas.
There are four ways to position an image within its container.
- Contain will make sure the total image is always visible but will result in empty space when the content ratio is different.
- Cover will make sure the entire area is covered. Some parts of the image will be cut off to make it fit the container.
- Stretch will stretch the image to the width and height of the container. Most images don't look very nice when stretching them, so only use this if you know what you're doing.
- Original will show the image in its original size inside the container. Resize the container and choose an alignment to create the layout you need.
- Manual will make it possible to zoom and position the image as you like you inside the container.
Images can be placed to function like fullscreen backgrounds. In the position tab, set an image to fullscreen and go back to the settings tab to choose its alignment or way of stretching.
We support the most used file types: jpg, gif, png, svg. For simple vector graphics, we recommend SVG files.
Adding an image in Maglr Pro can be a great way to really show your audience what you're talking about, but also to captivate them into wanting to read more and become interested in the topic you have chosen. It is especially useful when you can upload and import images of your own to the publication you're making. Importing also works for objects from a different page or even publication, thanks to the media library. This holds all the images and videos you have uploaded across all publications, ready to use.