Element actions are useful to create content for your viewers to interact with, allow you to make elements perform an action when it is clicked or hovered on.
With click actions, you can create links to other pages or external URLs, but also perform actions to other elements inside the canvas.
Possible click actions
- Group/layer: links to multiple layers or group, making them either visible or invisible when clicked. This allows you to create pop-ups for example.
- Scroll to element: links to another element. When clicked, it will then scroll to the targeted element on the page.
- Scene: links to a created scene, transitions the publication to that linked scene when clicked.
- Page: links to a created page, transitions to that linked page when clicked.
- Social: links to a set Social Media platform. This opens a new tab, allowing the user to share the publication on the selected platform.
- Element action: control a slideshow, video or audio element. This action allows you to make custom buttons to control a slideshow or video/audio player.
- External URL: link to other sites and just paste the right URL, beginning with HTTP://
- Reference: links to the reference tag if you have added one through the page settings.
- Interface option: links to the functions outside of the magazine, but inside the interface surrounding the publication.
- File: link to a file. You can upload a pdf or other type of file. Maximum file size for these file types is 25MB.
While click actions have multiple options to perform, hover actions can only be used to show/hide other layers or groups. This allows you to create pop-ups for example.
NOTE! Because hovering isn't possible on mobile devices, these actions will not work and are therefore disabled in the mobile editor.