In the following video below, you will be guided through a quick tour of the possibilities of the Block template editor.
The Block editor is built for speed and efficiency. It is designed for users that want to quickly create a digital publication without much design experience. The editor is very easy to use in order for anyone to be able to create designs and present content in the best way digitally possible. At Maglr, we strive to provide the best everyday product experience and therefore we are always updating and upgrading the functionalities of our platform.
What can I edit inside a Template?
Inside our templates, you can edit pretty much everything, along with deleting and adding your own content from the Content blocks in the editor. For such things, you simply have to click on the element inside of the template and then click through the different options until you get the desired result.
With pretty much every element, you can change all of its settings from size, color, link, position, visibility, and more. There are some limitations however, mostly when it comes to positioning. These limitations are described and explained further below:
- For images, you can change the image to one of your own by uploading it, which then displays the image you have selected instead of the default. Please make sure the image is at a high resolution and good quality, don't use images that look blurred or pixelated, scaling images up or down a lot can affect image quality.
- You can change out videos for videos of your own through a link to Youtube or Vimeo. Simply get the youtube link from the website, paste the link and the video will be used in the page. The limitation with this is that we don't allow the template editor to use uploaded videos, it only allows the link to the video.
- Compared to the Pro Editor, we don't allow entirely free movement and position of elements, they are typically stuck inside of a fixed bounding box which is bound to a layout of the template. Along with this, you should not add too many elements to this bounding box. Otherwhise elements will not be properly displayed in the live version of your publication.
- In terms of layout (because we don't currently have any options to change the layout) you are stuck with using the layout that the template has been premade with. We understand it would be a good idea to allow the user to be able to change the page layout to something else and then simply fill out the additional space with the content blocks, as this is something we are in the process of developing.
- When it comes to wanting to use a specific element that already comes with the template and you want to resize or change the link, this unfortunately isn't possible. This link can't be changed, because it is most likely linked to a popup which appears when the element is interacted with. If we allowed users to change this, it would be troublesome and will result in an incorrect link. The size of such elements can't be changed, due to the fact that elements are fixed into a specific layout for that page. Changing sizes of elements would then mean the allowance of freely positioning elements, which can become even more confusing when it comes to settings and generating the mobile view.
Want to have more creative freedom when creating interactive content?
Learn more about the Maglr Pro editor.