For a one-time export of a project for backup purposes, the ZIP export function is a way to place the project on a local environment or back-up storage. If you create several projects per month, or if you have no knowledge of FTP software, the export option is a time-consuming detour.
We offer the synchronisation solution for Enterprise organisations that would like to host content on their own server. From the page overview you can publish your projects to your own local server environment. The dashboard publishes the project and then synchronises the data to a preconfigured server. Click here for more technical specifications.
Example publishing and sync project to external server directly from dashboard
No technical knowledge is required for this. New changes to projects are synced automatically when hitting the publish button again. When creating new projects, URL's are automatically generated on the local server.
How does it work?
- Create a project and add the desired pages
- When your are ready with your first draft you can publish a preview. This preview will be served from the Maglr server on a specific preview domain.
- When ready and the sync is correctly configured, this option is now shown in the publish dropdown when you activate the project.
- When starting the sync, it requires additional time to transfer all files. When you publish updates, only changes are being synced.
- Through the project settings you are able to change the project's URL or Page URL's. When old pages are already indexed in search engines, the publication will forward old URL's to new versions.
What are the limitations of these local projects?
- The overview page with multiple projects is not supported at the moment.
- Embeds of a project cannot be hosted locally with an embed code.
- Projects with passwords are not yet supported. This is still in development.
- Projects with an automatic login link cannot be placed on your own server. This component requires authentication from the Maglr platform that cannot be performed locally.
- Searching within a publication is possible, but connects to the Maglr platform for a search query.
- Contact menu in navigation environment can be enabled, but e-mails are sent via the Maglr platform.
- Content published to an external server is not editable afterwards. To make edits, you need the original editors within the Maglr dashboard and re-publish your project.